After The Gold Rush / Dopo la corsa all'oro

Well I dreamed I saw the knights in armor coming
Saying something about a queen
There were peasants singing and drummers drumming
And the archer split the tree
There was a fanfare blowing to the sun
That was floating on the breeze

Look at Mother Nature on the run in the Nineteen Seventies
Look at Mother Nature on the run in the Nineteen Seventies

I was lying in a burned-out basement
With the full moon in my eye
I was hoping for replacement
When the sun burst through the sky
There was a band playing in my head
And I felt like getting high

I was thinking about what a friend had said
I was hoping it was a lie
Thinking about what a friend had said
I was hoping it was a lie

Well I dreamed I saw the silver spaceships lying
In the yellow haze of the sun
There were children crying and colors flying
All around the chosen ones
All in a dream, all in a dream
The loading had begun

Flying Mother Nature's silver seed to a new home in the sun
Flying Mother Nature's silver seed to a new home


* * * *

Be’, ho sognato di veder arrivare cavalieri in armatura
Che dicevano qualcosa a proposito di una regina
C’erano contadini che cantavano e tamburi che rullavano
E un arciere che trafiggeva l’albero
C’era una fanfara che suonava rivolta al sole
Che fluttuava nella brezza
Guarda Madre Natura cercare scampo negli anni Settanta
Guarda Madre Natura cercare scampo negli anni Settanta

Giacevo sdraiato in uno scantinato bruciato
Con la luna piena negli occhi
Speravo in una sostituzione 
Quando il sole irruppe nel cielo
C’era una band che suonava nella mia testa
E avevo voglia di sballarmi

Stavo pensando a quello che un amico aveva detto
Speravo fosse una bugia
Stavo pensando a quello che un amico aveva detto
Speravo fosse una bugia

Be’, ho sognato di vedere navi spaziali argentate sospese
Nella gialla foschia del sole
C’erano bambini che piangevano e colori che volavano
Tutt'intorno ai prescelti
Tutto in un sogno, tutto in un sogno
L’imbarco era iniziato

Il seme argentato di Madre Natura volava verso una nuova casa nel sole
Il seme argentato di Madre Natura volava verso una nuova casa